Welcome to Beadologie

For more images, teaching and roadshow schedule, please visit my website at www.kellyangeleybeadologie.com.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homegrown Music

Below: Jimmy Reed, Pee Wee Crayton & Muddy Waters.




Left: Lloyd Tolbert playing a mean harp with Peter Giri on guitar.
I feel so lucky to have had three (tonight will be the fourth) amazing nights of live music. Eugene is home to some of the most talented musicians I've ever come across and Florence is lucky enough to have them come to us. This first weekend of the year has found many of us locals at Traveler's Cove enjoying the music of my good friend Peter Giri and his friends. Peter, who is one of my most favorite gee-tar players EVER has dubbed this weekend "Quatro Noches de Pedro". Si.
Every night has been a different combo of musicians playing with Peter. Last night was my favorite because the boys played a lot of blues- my favorite. Byron Case played guitar the first set and he seems to channel all of my guitar heroes when he plays. He's like a combo of Muddy Waters, Pee Wee Crayton and Jimmy Reed rolled into one. It doesn't get much better than that, folks.
Hmmm... I think I just may hear my guitar calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment