Welcome to Beadologie

For more images, teaching and roadshow schedule, please visit my website at www.kellyangeleybeadologie.com.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Local Talent

As many of you are aware, the Pacific Northwest is a hotspot for glass artists. I'm fortunate enough to live in the beautiful coastal town of Florence, OR where I am even more fortunate to call several talented glass bead artists friends. One, of which lives just down the street from me- Denise Saunders of Dema Designs. Stay tuned for more on Denise, including picutures of the new little beauties I just aquired from her.

Another incredibly talented friend of mine is Allison Byrd of Vortex Glassworks. http://www.vortexglassworks.com/
In the four years that I have known Allison, I've watched her work progress and her style develop. Her work amazes me and I'm proud to say I have quite a collection of her beads, including a number of her earliest pieces. Here is a shot of some of her more recent work:

I believe this set has sold but don't worry, Allison also has pieces available on Etsy and Ebay. Check out the above link to her website for details.
I recently made a lariat with one of Allison's gorgeous beads from her Moon Series. The piece is entitiled "Raven Moon" as it also has a lovely pewter Raven bead from Green Girl Studios on it. http://www.greengirlstudios.com/
I will be teaching this lariat at this year's Puget Sound Bead Festival in July. http://www.pugetsoundbeadfestival.com/ At the moment, I'm working on putting together kits that will be for sale on my Etsy site in the upcoming months. Allison is busy at work creating more lovely moon beads that will be included in the kit. 
Here is a shot of the lariat:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment