Welcome to Beadologie

For more images, teaching and roadshow schedule, please visit my website at www.kellyangeleybeadologie.com.

Friday, April 16, 2010

(Neko) Case of Beer (Bottle Caps)

The Bead & Button Show is rapidly approaching and I'm getting really excited about both teaching and taking a class. I signed up to take Laura McCabe's master class on encorporating unconventional materials into beadwork and was lucky enough to win the lottery. Apparently it was in high demand. I've really been trying to think outside the box and collect unusual items to bring to class with me.
http://www.beadandbuttonshow.com/bnbshow/Default.aspx?c=a&id=128
Fortunately there is still room left in my Bottlecap Earrings class and time left to register. We are going to have so much fun in this class! I've collected several enormous jars full of a large assortment of bottlecaps to bring to class. It pays to have bartenders as friends, as well as friends who really like to drink beer! I've discovered quite a few cool bottle caps from some unuasual microbrews.
Here's a link to my classes at Bead & Button (please scroll down and click on the class of your choice for details): http://www.beadandbuttonshow.com/bnbshow/default.aspx?c=classsearch&mode=results&ins=T635



By the way, as we speak, I'm listening to the new Jakob Dylan album- "Women & Country" and it is really good. It features Neko Case singing backup on a majority of the songs and as many of you know, I'm a huge Neko Case fan. The album was produced by T Bone Burnett so, you know it can't be bad. 




4 comments:

  1. Hey nice to see you finished earrings. Are you home now???
    Niocle/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - It's funny that you've combined these two subjects in one post! My husband and I have been collecting our bottle caps for years for just such a craft project - let me know if you need any more and I'd be happy to bring them to the PSBF for you.

    Hubby used to work at the coffee shop where a young Neko Case would hang out with her guitar "way back when" - he likes to say he knew her when. Did you hear the NPR interview with Dylan & Case? I can't remember which program it was on (I listen to a LOT of NPR), but I thought it was interesting.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    Too funny.
    I would love more bottle caps. That would be awesome. Thank you!
    No, I didn't hear the interview but I will have to go and look it up right now. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm envious of your husband! Was this is Seattle?
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful idea!!! i love your earrings!!!

    ReplyDelete