Welcome to Beadologie

For more images, teaching and roadshow schedule, please visit my website at www.kellyangeleybeadologie.com.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bead & Button Adventures


I'm thoroughly enjoying the Bead & Button show. Last night I taught my first session of my Bezeled Bottlecap Earrings class and I had a blast. It was so much fun to see what my students came up with. One of my students bezeled a pair of champaigne bottle caps with a woman's face on them. They came out so beautifully and resembled cameos. Darn me- why didn't I take photos?
It was quite an experience to participate in the Meet the Teachers Reception. Usually I'm a shopper, not an exhibitor so it was quite an honor to be included among such an amazing and talented group of instructors. Above middle is a photo of me at my table just before the doors opened and the crazyness began. It was great to meet so many of my facebook friends and admire everyone's beady creations.
 I thought I'd post a few photos of the show and some works in progress that I started in Laura McCabe's Master Class. The class focused on incorporating unconventional materials into beadwork designs. The top photo is of my sculptural piece where I used an old porcelian doll head and two pieces of fossil deer antler. Her body is acutally segmented and articulated. The bottom photo features a bezeled walnut sheel and a fossil deer jaw bone cut by rock god Gary Wilson. Laura was such an inspiration. She even gifted us with a fabulous book she wrote just for her master class students and her dvd on tips and tricks. Too cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment